Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Layer Cookies.... ummmm yes please!

So for my Sister in Laws bridal shower we were asked to share a recipe so I asked my husband what I should  share... he suggested either my twice baked potatoes ( you have not had twice baked until you have had these) or my dads 7 layer cookies. Well since she already has the twice baked cookie recipe, I went with the cookies and decided to share the recipe here. I promise you they are heaven on earth, I have never gone anywhere with these and not been asked for the recipe by every person who has one!!

What you need
1 stick of melted butter
2 - 2 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of butter scotch chips
1 bag of  shaved (flaked) coconut
1 package of sliced almonds
1 can of condensed milk


  • Preheat oven to 350
  • You want to take a 13 x 9 inch baking dish (I prefer glass), spray it with non stick spray.
  • Add the stick of butter and then the graham cracker crumbs. I usually add the crumbs slowly (1/2 cup at a time and spread and press in the dish) you want to cover the entire bottom of the dish and still have them be hard pressed together with the butter, that is why I don't use measurements, it will come out to about 2 to 2 1/2 cups. 
  • Add the entire bag of chocolate chips level out evenly
  • Add the entire bag of butter scotch chips level out
  • Add the entire bag of coconut
  • Add the entire bag of almonds
  • Pierce two holes in the condensed milk (one on each side of the top) then drizzle out of one of the holes the milk all over the almonds
  • Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes


***The picture is a generic I found online because I didn't make them today but had to share the recipe, yours will be much thicker!!! I promise you will thank me!

No comments:

Post a Comment