Monday, September 17, 2012

Pot Roast... Its whats for Dinner :)

Sooooooo... I LOVE POT ROAST and since it is finally getting cool enough out to bring the slow cooker out of hibernation... its time to roast :)

This time I scoped out Pip and Ebby's Slow Cooker Pot Roast its was super easy and extremely yummy!!!

Below are Pip's directions and my comments (in italics) and her pics.. because I was super lazy :)


You will need:
A 4-lb. roast (I like to use tip roasts, but the options for this are plentiful) -I used a 2.5 lb roast because we are a family of 4 and 4lbs is a lot of food :)
One 10.75-oz. can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
One 1-oz. package dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups water (for me this did not look like a lot of water)
Throw all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Periodically spoon the gravy over top of the roast.
After about 4-5 hours of cooking, add carrots and peeled, cubed potatoes to the slow cooker, if desired. (I added 3 cut up carrots and 2 large pealed and cut potatoes)




***** Me and My Younghans Review*****
For me it was very yummy... I am thinking next time around I may use a touch more water (about 1/2 cup) and also I think I am going to use an additional can of soup to make the gravy thicker. The flavor was good but not as strong as I like it.
Daddy Younghans loved it! Wouldn't change a thing...
Steven and Zack both tolerated the pot roast, but neither would normally be big fans of any sort of pot roast, they are just not old enough to appreciate its glory :)
Over all I give it 3.75 out of 5 stars, due to it just not being quite as flavorful as I would prefer, we will try it again with some modifications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment